Sunday, May 15, 2011

I love goals!

I've got a new goal. A training end. Something to train and work for. And that makes me reealy happy. Really.


My sister-in-law has always wanted to do a half marathon, she says. And she's kind of a Disneyland fanatic. So when she discovered a half marathon at Disneyland especially geared towards women it was only natural that she should decide to register. And this was great for me.


Because, you see, I've always wanted to do a half marathon either (I'm not crazy enough to try a full. . .probably ever). Paul has zero interest. Not that I would let that stop me. I would still do one anyway, but since there's on one making me accountable it's the registering that I have a problem with. With someone else there beside me I will have to register. And I'm super excited about this. Super.


It's going to be in January of next year so I have plenty of time. I thought of doing another one here locally in November. Sort of a trial run. And because I've thought about doing this one before. We'll see.


So, wish me luck as I start my training. Oh, and even more importantly, wish my knee to get better because ever since that first day I used the treadmill my knees been bothering me. Isn't that just the way it works? Humph. Hopefully, it starts feeling better soon. Really soon.

No comments: