Tuesday, May 31, 2011

success!

or partial anyway. my new shoes came today. yes! i can't believe the difference good shoes make. seriously. 
on top of that, i finally decided i had to get serious about my rehab if i really wanted this problem to go away in a timely manner. 
so, i started using my foam roller, a lot (bless you foam roller) and doing my stretches much more consistently, and most importantly, i started my strength exercises for my glutes, thighs and quads. 
i see good things coming from this. in fact, i can already see some improvement today. 
keith didn't go to school so i didn't get my walk in. i decided to walk on the treadmill. since i had my new shoes on i couldn't resist trying them out to see how they felt (because i'm very impatient). 
i ran 1/4 mile the stopped. 
later i came back to finish 2 miles and after the first mile and 1/4 (or so?) decided to try another 1/4 mile. 
yep, success. 1/2 mile (not consecutive but still) with no knee pain. yes! 
and i felt great. so i decided not to push my luck. i'm having hope that i can return to training soon. but slowly, and more methodically this time. more patience (yuck) and less pushing so soon.

No comments: