Monday, July 25, 2011

it's becoming addictive. i'm starting to look forward to it a lot. i never thought i'd ever really love running, but i'm starting to love it. last week i ran 4 times two miles or more each time. yeah, that's how much i'm starting to like it. my goal is to have my first 10-mile week this week. today i did 2.5 tomorrow i plan to do about the same. saturday will be my only 3-mile day most likely. we'll see though. i always feel so good after running. i feel like getting housework done and have more patience for the kids, usually. we're almost through july so that means i have 6 months to build from my foundation. actually, possibly less since i'm debating on just spending august (or most of it) running about 3 miles or less for my long run. i don't want to go too far, too fast. we'll see how i feel in about 2 or 3 weeks. i might start adding slowly depending on how i feel at that time. i have to hold myself back from pushing too far all at once. i can go for a long time, but apparently my body needs more time to adjust or it rebels in painful ways.

No comments: