Sunday, May 16, 2010

8 weeks?

I was really worried at the beginning of this that I wouldn't be able to make it 8 weeks. I thought "what have I done?"--'cause this was my idea--"I can't go 8 whole weeks trying to be super good! My birthday is in there and the ward bake-off and who knows what else! I will probably lose momentum about halfway through and kind of give up." Fortunately, after one successful week, I think I've changed my mind about this. 

Taken one day at a time and this is really not so daunting. Plus, it REALLY helps to know there are several others doing the same thing at the same time. I feel accountable to all of them. It's a great support system.

And while it's great to have friends to do this kind of thing with, I feel more accountable to my family. They see me frequently. They will know if I'm losing weight and looking better, plus, I have a stronger desire to impress them than my friends. Is that weird?

1 week down, 7 to go. One day at a time, one meal at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, (I think I'll make that my new motto), But all the same, I want to try to make a lifestyle change and made exercise a habit and food decisions a conscious thought. No more compulsive eating. . .okay, a lot less.

No comments: