Wednesday, May 26, 2010

W3--Day 2:

Yesterday was good. I've discovered that I really need to find a happy middle in order to lose efficiently. If I don't do anything and eat the way I want I'm not going to lose much. On the other hand, if I restrict my eating a lot and exercise more than 45-60 minutes a day I'm also not going to lose much. I need those calories, especially now, and I don't have to hyper-regulate my diet to be okay right now. This is really good news for me because, well, I like to eat. =)

I've been having a serious craving for chocolate chip cookies, but I've resisted. To be honest, I don't know how much longer I can hold out. But, I was good yesterday! I had cereal for breakfast, eggs and a piece of toast for lunch with the tiny bit leftover from dinner the night before (chicken and rice in cream of mushroom soup and veggies), and hamburger helper for dinner. I realize hamburger helper isn't the most healthy choice, but if you eat decent-sized helpings it's okay, right? Well, I feel okay about it, so I guess that works.

After dinner I went for a walk/run (walk 4 minutes, run 1). It sprinkled on me! Pretty well too. It was kind of weird, but a pretty nice workout. I do a loop around the canal next to us and it took me about 30 minutes. It's probably about 2.5 to 3 miles. I've never been very good at judging distances.


Anyhoo, I'm getting there, little by little. But most importantly, I'm feeling so much better, physically and mentally. It's even showing with how I interact with the kids (still have a lot of work to do there, but line upon line, right?)

No comments: