Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week 1---Day 1:

It was a good day! My morning was ridiculously filled with busy trying to take care of four kids and one dog and a messy house, but I started off the day right by eating Malt-O-Meal for breakfast. Yes, it had milk and some butter and a little brown sugar in it, BUT i maintain that it was still better than a bowl of cereal--or more likely still, nothing.

My philosophy is to NOT cut out all the good things that make life and food yummy, but just to cut back significantly.

Having said that, Mother's Day was an awful weekend to start this challenge! I have See's in my house, which is rare, and a whole bunch of soda--also rare, and a yummy cupcake just begging to be eaten (another mother's day gift). BUT, I can be strong!

I had some leftover pasta for lunch. Again, maybe not the BEST choice, but better than frozen burritos or ramen or again, nothing. (I don't NOT eat on purpose, I just get distracted or too lazy to find something to make.)

Finally got some workout time around 1:00 when I got all 4 kiddos to sleep at the same time. . .well, mostly. Did a 30 minute weight lift circuit on my upper body, then did a 40 minute tae-bo video (the whole thing!) I wanted to go rollerblading when Paul got home from work, but we had plans to go see Iron Man 2 last night so I didn't have the time.

For dinner, crock pot beef stew. And at the movie, nothing! We don't usually buy anything as the prices are so exorbitant, but since we didn't pay for tickets and had time to spare I thought Paul might get something. I'm not sure if he was trying to be thoughtful to my weight loss plan or if he just didn't feel like it, but either way, I'm grateful he had the self control to pass the concession counter. =)

Day's Cheats:
1 raspberry cream see's candy,
1 pudding cup
after movie to take the "munchie" edge off.
Stayed away from cupcake and soda, though I put one in the fridge to get cold.

No comments: