Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yoga

I have really come to love yoga. Really. When I first started it, I didn't get it. At least that's what I think looking back. I didn't appreciate it for what it really is. It just seemed like a lot of pointless stretching and an only slightly effective workout.

I know better now.

BYU channel has a program called Total Body Workout every morning. It used to be at 4:00 am and 9:00 am, which was perfect for me. I could wake up, get breakfast done and then do some yoga. The best part about the program: I love the instructor. I mean, I really love the instructor. That almost never happens in exercise videos. They usually drive me crazy. Too perky or too bossy or too annoying, or too. . .something. The second best part: I don't have to do the same routine day after day because there's been so many tapings for the BYU channel. Mostly because it was available, I did it a lot and I've really come to love it now.

They recently changed the time (okay, I don't know how recently because it's been awhile since I've done it) to 7:00 am. That's kind of early for me. I need all the sleep I can get right now. So I'm going to tape it. Yay! I'm so looking forward to being able to do some yoga tomorrow! I REALLY wanted to do some today after my leg workout and just stretch everything out, alas, I had no yoga to do. So I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I think it's been long enough since the pregnancy to start getting back into some poses. Wish me luck!

Oh, and if you haven't really tried yoga or didn't give it a fair chance, try it now.
Give it a chance.
I think you'll come to love it as I have.

1 comment:

Mel McDonald said...

I used to do those yoga workouts with a neighbor in the evening. I like the instructor too, and that's one of the reason I like slim in 6... she just tells you what you need to know and isn't overly enthused or hokey about it.